Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Can You See Me Now???........

It was brought to my attention that all my post for more than a week now haven't been posting. I've had a lot going on so I have a lot to catch everyone up on soooo..... There will be no pictures in this post because my previous attempts to post had pics & it wouldn't re-post so I'm trying something new. Pictures to come later, hopefully.....

Luke:
Luke has been awesome! He goes anywhere & everywhere off leash with me & does fabulous with his commands as well as his social skills with strangers. He's great with almost every person he meets. I say almost because every now and again he meets someone that he seems to hesitate to "say hello" to. He needs an extra bit of coaxing & then he relaxes & is great! He's made tons of 4 legged friends & loves to play fetch. Well, that's kind of a tall tail (heehee).... he likes to chase Ruger & Diesel when they fetch the Kong & then steal it away. It's pretty funny actually. He has tons of personality & cracks me up on a daily basis. His family is making the trip from Tennessee next weekend to pick him up so I'll have more to come as things progress with Luke. He's going be an excellent dog for his family!

Huggie Bear:
...is doing great as well. He's so willing to please, super responsive to his commands (98%) of the time but he has this over-whelming, obnoxious, extremely excited/anxious whine when we're going to the park, going outside, coming inside, going to PetSmart, saying hello to strangers..... well, almost anything. I with I my blog had audio because I do a really great impression of his noise, hahaha. So he's spending a few extra day trying to relieve that but I do think just like people are what they are, I think some dogs are what they are. I think Huggie might be an overly excitable, extremely vocal guy :o) He is so darn sweet & such a goof ball. I love to watch him romp (because that's what it is) with the other dogs. He's too cute. He's scheduled to go home Friday so more to come with Huggie Bear's homecoming!!

We have a few newbies as well!!!!

Lilah & Sampson:
Lilah & Sampson have joined me for the Intermediate Obedience a week ago this past Friday. Sampson is a Golden Retriever that needed a bit of brushing up on his manners with people as well as proper etiquette with dogs ;o) & Lilah is a 4 month old Golden-doodle. She came from the same breeder as Henry, the star of North Gwinnett High's musical Annie, that I worked with this past summer. Ayer's Pampered Pets & I highly recommend her. She has great pups! She is such a smart girl & sooo willing to please. You'll most likely find her fishing on her belly towards you to say hello rather than jumping at your face. She is very submissive & so tender hearted. She's a love. Sampson is very lovable in a big galoot kinda way. He's very smart & doing great but definitely doesn't have quite the desire to please like Lilah. Sometimes he gets an overwhelming case of the "I'm not listenings". They too are scheduled to go home at the end of this week so I'll have more updates on Lilah & Samson as well!!

Songede:
Songede is a 4 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback. She joined me 6 days ago & will be completing the Advanced Obedience. She is such a pistol this girl. She is very strong willed & definitely has an agenda of her own. If you don't fall into that she too gets a case of the "Im no listenings" hahaha. She is such a sweeeeeeet girl though. She has loved playing with EVERYONE & wants to meet EVERYONE & thinks EVERYONE is here just for her :o) She's quite the social butterfly! She's completed heel with auto-sit, sit & down stays, down from the side & front, come with an auto-sit & tomorrow she'll be starting her place command. I have a feeling this one might be more difficult because she doesn't like to slow down :o) I haven't introduced too many distractions at this point either so this next week she'll have do do all those same commands but with much harder distractions around. So more to come on Songede's progress over this next week!!!

Jack:
Little Jack is a Daschund mix..... he's actually Gus' big-little brother :o) He's joined me for the Basics, crate training & socialization with other dogs. He's a bit of a nervous guy & needs tons of socialization work. He has been attached to me at the hip..... well because I make him. He's been going everywhere with me just so he'll get the exposure to everything & meeting people & walking on the leash & seeing strange dogs; anything really. He's coming along but still needs some work. I give him an A++ on his crate training but these last few days he's decided I don't exist at the other end of the leash & he's not going to listen. It's hilarious to see how he completely avoids looking at me as if to say "if I don't see you I don't have to listen". But the leash comes off & he wants to be right in my lap snuggling; he's great at that! Jack goes home next week so I'll update on how he progress as well!!

No comments: