Monday, June 7, 2010

The Happenings Around These Parts!

Hello Everyone! It's been a while for sure. There has been a lot going on around here which has kept me pretty tied up & not so much time for blogging. Now that school is out it's been a full house every week with our regular boarding family! I've had a group of new trainees in & out with some basic obedience & Shepherd is still in training as a Service Dog for her little boy. Here's some pictures to sum up the happenings around here for the last 5-6 weeks!

Kitt, Toby & Kiki!
Kiki & Maggie
"Where's the frisbee??"
Luna
Mistere'
Jasmine
Jake, Diesel, & Java
Bunker & Kitt pooped after playtime
Lars
Manu put herself in time-out...kidding, I'm not sure what's she'd doing :o)
Rex, Java, & Diesel
Bunker & Rex
Sparky!! Sweet boy.
Bailey.... Oliver's Twin
Layla's spot away from the boys
Bailey & Layla....playtime!

I've also started with a new trainee - - BAUER - -

Bauer is an 8 month old Boxer pup. He is quite the maniac and has a mind of his own. He is the most exuberant boy yet. He is 2 weeks into his training today and has made quite a change over the last few weeks. He is going through my Advanced Obedience program. Now that he has a good foundation & an understanding of what I am asking of him, he has been excellent. The first few days were touch & go & he definitely is making me work for this one :o) He is now heeling nicely at my left side & sitting when we stop, doing his sit & down stays, place, come with the auto-sit and with the distraction of the other dogs, cats & people. He's done excellent on his outings to PetSmart/Co, the park & other stores. This coming week we start his remote collar work and I'm sure he'll be even that much better. I'll keep you posted on his progress over his last week of training!!

Bauer on place

Bauer's down-stay
Bauer's favorite part of the day..... PLAYTIME!!
What a face :o)

1 comment:

boxermama24 said...

Bauer is a handsome feller. And I love his name :o)