Friday, February 27, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

Well.... Today isn't going to be as productive as I would have hoped. In fact, I don't know that the whole weekend will be very productive. There will be a lot of working on our place command, working on off leash commands in the house but both Rafter & Lucy are great without distractions. It's the distractions that always need to be worked. Today is Rafter's last day :( He goes home to see his momma tomorrow. I wish I had a few more days maybe even a week to work with him on his distraction proofing. He's super 95% of the time but there's that small chance he's really going to push the envelope. I'd like to spend a bit more time in that area. I took him to the dog park yesterday to work. He was full of himself & crazed when we got out of the truck. It took 2 minutes or so before he realized the rules applied there too. He played great & didn't show any of his humping problems..... thank goodness. We didn't stay long. There were some very irresponsible owners that I didn't want to get into blows with & I had to get home.

Lucy was introduced to the remote collar yesterday. She did fantastic. She wanted to pout about it for the first few hours but during our second time working with it she showed great response & I think she's moving along nicely. But, that will have to wait until Monday I suppose. That's all for now. Stay dry everyone!!

No comments: