Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rock'n Roxie


Roxie 2 is doing so great. This morning she learned to come & sit nicely for praise as well as working on her other commands (heel w/auto sit, sit stays, down at the side & down stays) with more distractions. We worked on her ignoring food again. She had small slip up & she ran right to the table to sniff the food but was quickly reminded it's not her food. She didn't take a second look at it! She looooves being outside. She loves exploring with Cammi & Ruger. She sleeps in the sun & loves to run around.
This afternoon Roxie started on her "place" command. This will be a good command for Roxie to master so her mom & dad can put her on "Place" when they are eating dinner or feeding the baby or they have company over. I think they'll really love this command..... I know I do; it's my favorite! She was quite content on her place. She grabbed a bone & just hung out for about 20 minutes, then it was time for dinner. Time flies when you're having fun :o)

1 comment:

Kelli Bargainnier said...

I am so pleased with Roxie's progress! I knew she was a smart girl.
I know she loves to be outside, but we haven't fenced in the yard yet, so any off-leash exercises that you can do with her or teach us would be great!