Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Roxie 2's - Food Thief

Roxie 2 & I had a great morning working. We worked on the commands she has already learned but doing them around harder distractions. She is still having a hard time paying attention when exciting things are going on around us. Roxie 2 also has a bad habit at home of stealing food, people food, that is not for her. Food that is left on the counters or table, she feels is fair game..... especially if it belongs to Dad. Today we also worked on teaching Roxie 2 to ignore people food and only accept food from her dog bowl. She did FANTASTIC! We had pizza & pasta last night & I sacrificed my left overs to see if she'd take a steal at them. Luckily for me.... I still have my pasta for later! She went straight for the food, got one good correction & then I offered it to her again & she turned her head & wanted nothing to do with it. Then I left the room & hid around the corner. She didn't even so much as look in that direction & I left the food in the box on the floor in the living room. It's only day one with teaching her to ignore people food but for a first day I'm thoroughly pleased with how quickly she understood! Great job Rox 2!!

1 comment:

Kelli Bargainnier said...

Daddy is so proud of Miss Roxie!!! Mommy is very thankful for Miss Ashleigh!! Daddy and I laughed so hard at the pictures of Roxie next to the food! She sure did love it when Daddy slipped up and left his pizza in her reach! Thanks for these updates Ash!! You truely are a master of training.....whether it's the dog or the baby!! LOL.