Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Gus' Progress

Gus had a much better day socially. He did a bit better from an obedience stand point but we have a lot of work to do. He did try to play nicely today & everyone was much more willing to play. He did well with the intro to the cats. He actually didn't pay much attention to them at all. He's a bit more fearful than interested. In the obedience world, we worked on Gus down at the side & holding his down while I walk away & out of sight. He did okay. More work on that tomorrow. He's very excited & loving when he sees me now. I think he's starting to understand, good behavior gets lots of love & acting like a maniac doesn't. He's very excited when I get his leash out. It's pretty cute. He's a very sweet boy & I can see he wants to please but he definitely has to have an authority figure or he makes wrong choices. More to come on Gus later on :o)


Gus & Ty saying hello
Everyone is waiting for me to throw the Kong
Hello, Duke's butt
Run for your lives!!!Gus holding his down command after playing in the yard


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see my boy is having fun and is learning. It is so great that he is interacting better with the dogs. That will certainly put me at ease more when we are at the dog park in the future. I hope he isnt misbehaving too much for you. Thanks so much for helping Gus, it sounds like he is really starting to like you!