Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Meet Sasha

Sasha is a Husky-mix. She is with me for the next 3 weeks for the Advanced Obedience as well as working on her socialization with people & other dogs. I picked her up yesterday evening. She did excellent on the way home & when we got home she actually didn't have a care in the world about the other dogs. She is not sure about things outside her comfort zone so we need to work on building her confidence & getting her comfortable & able to cope with new situations & things. I worked just a bit with her when we got home on not pulling on the leash & trusting me. She allowed me to rub her hiney & take her leash off & size her up for her new jewelry, her training collar. She had a little bit of protesting in the beginning in not wanting to walk in my direction with me. I worked her through things & ended on a positive note & then it was time for bed. This morning we worked a little outside when it wasn't sprinkling. She is still very distracted & nervous. The first few days are the hardest. She still doesn't seem to have much care about the other dogs.... she actually hasn't even wanted to smell them or anything. She stays close to most of the time just taking in her new surroundings. She's going to be just fine :o) More to come on Sasha over the next few days! (Sasha doesn't care much for the flash of the camera either.... so funny).

No comments: